12/28/2010

Failed attempts at living simple life[part 8]

There’s still rage inside. I’ve managed to overcome the darkest episode of my life but it wasn’t easy at all. I hate lying soooo bad! I got out of the hospital in like 10 days and even thou I could feel my legs I wasn’t quite able to walk again. The doctors prescribed me some walking prostheses and I was just like Robocop... Of course they gave me back to Sandra for I don’t know what reason and since she doesn’t earn enough money to get me some state of the art walking thingies, all I got were some metal bars around my legs held by another metal belt around my waist. They were giving me so much pains that I swore I will never wear them again...
But they were my only chance for a normal life, thanks to those prostheses I was able to go to school and be regular, just like the other kids. More or less, obviously... I never had the chance to tell them exactly what happened and I don’t know why. I should have said it was an epic battle between me and a forty years old man and that both of us got out bruised pretty bad but all I could say is that I went to sleep one night and woke up without being able to move my feet the next morning. They all bought it but what I hate the most is that now they all look at me with pity. And I hate that look! I missed school for almost 2 months, time in which I learned how to walk with the prostheses, I went back to the hospital for therapy and gymnastics and I took a lot of pills. Anyway, I lost a lot and now it was time to recover everything.
Surprisingly with these prostheses I made a friend. His name is Adi, he is 2 months older than me and he seems like a smart kid. He does have parents and even a younger brother which I envy about him but I kinda hate the fact that he doesn’t like history at all. He has all straight A’s at math and phisics but crappy grades at history. Anyway, we’re hanging together after school and we are having a lot of fun and this isn’t a big surprise for me because Adi isn’t quite like all the others and while some may consider him shy I think he’s a good kid to be friends with.
Time is cruel, it never waits for no one. You either seize the moment and live at the maximum, either grow up in despair wishing you would have reacted different here and there. As time passed by and I learned to live with my metal bars, just when I thought things are starting to get better the kids from school started calling me Robocop or Frankenstein. It fucking pisses me off but I guess this was ment to happen. School is not quite a cool place for a kid in love with history, tormented at home and with his little conscience filled with guilt. One day exactly when we finished classes, on the way back home, I was walking along with Adi when we started hearing loud shouts somewhere in the back. The ones making all that noise were four other kids from a different class, kids that had the reputation of being “evil” let’s say. The two of us decided to ignore them and continue our short walk towards my flat. All of a sudden they started throwing rocks at us.
-Cut it out you dumbasses! Adi screamed at them.
When they heard this they started running towards us and as soon as they got close enough they grabbed both me and Adi by the neck and started hitting us with their fists. I gotta say this isn’t quite pleasant but for a reason I still don’t know I can’t remember anything else. I got back to reality when Adi was holding my right arm telling me to stop.
-Dude, it’s enough, they aren’t moving anymore! Good job, you’re hardcore!
-What are you talking about? Let’s get out of here! Hold my backpack so I can run please...
-Okay. Adi replied with a strange look on his face.
We got to my block, climbed up the stairs to Sandra’s apartment and took a small break to catch our breaths. Adi was less tired than me, obviously, he ran without 10 extra kilos attached to his feet.
-Dude, why did we run? You knocked them all out!
-What the hell are you talking about? I am no warrior, neither strong, neither agile... Remember I got the Robocop suit with me?! It was really hard for me to understand what Adi was talking about taking into consideration that I couldn’t remember anything apart the moment when one of the bad kids was holding my head down and hitting me with his knee.
-Alexander, listen closely. You shouted just like King Midas and then you knocked them all out! None of them was able to stop you or hit you! You were moving extremely fast and you were hitting just like a professional fighter! Oh! Not to mention when you kicked that guy’s mouth with your knee and he instantly bursted with blood! That was fucking amazing!!!!
-Adi... I can’t... I can’t remember these episodes… Are you sure you’re not lying to me?
-Dude, c’mon! All I can do is curse and swear and run a lot faster than you... Do you think I could have beaten those four kids with trash talks or that I ran in circles ‘till they all got dizzy and lost their conscience?!
-It can’t be true... I was truly puzzled.
-The odd thing is that when the last one crashed to the ground you were still hitting him like a mad man. I tried to hold you but you looked at me with such anger that even myself got scared and thought imma get punched in the face. But you didn’t hit me and you turned your attention back to that kid and started kicking him. There was something weird in your eyes, something I never saw before. It was like somebody else took control over you, it was like you were a shaman and I don’t know who’s spirit invaded your body giving you uber human strength and zombie eyes...
Then it hit me. I realized what happened and I understood why I could never remember the moments when rage fills my veins. I guess it’s some sort of instinct that takes over, it could be an overdose of adrenalin that instead of making my brain 10 times quicker it shuts everything down and empowers my surviving skills. This could be useful, I would never have to fear anyone again I guess. Then again what freaks me out is that i can't control it...

To be continued...

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu