11/25/2010

Failed attempts at living simple life [part 4]

Well, it's officially now, i have no parents. No wonder i don't feel or act like ordinary kids my age... No wonder i feel alone even in the most crowded places.
Summer is here and i saw on TV that kids that are 7 years old need to sign-up for school. How can i do this when Sandra is gone all day long and drunk when at home? I wonder if the people from school will accept my application if i go alone there... But i'd better try to ask Sandra first... Actually no, i won't. I'm a big boy, it's time to do things myself. People are mean...
I took Sandra's key from her purse after she got home. Strange, tonight she brought back home the same dude as 2 nights ago, the same guy that slapped her a few months ago, the same man that gave me money for my birthday. Anyway, where should i hide this key? She must not find it! Where does she never looks? Actually... Hmm... What if i just put it behind the books on my desk? She will most likely think i hid it very well and search the most hidden spots in the house when in fact the key will be in such an obvious place... I'm a genius!
-It's morning, wake up Alexander! I said to myself.
My eyes are wide open because i know what's my purpose for today! I will go to school and sign myself up for the 1st grade and then stay outside. Today will be the first day of the rest of my life! It's time to do things my way!
I just ate and now i'm getting dressed. I need to take a backpack with me and grab a few important things. I need to be back home by 7 so i will take a clock, i always get hungry around 12 so i'll grab a sandwich too... Oh, crap! I forgot there's nothing left to make a sandwich with... Oh well, i won't starve to death in a day. I'll take an umbrella too although i don't feel like it will rain...
I need to close the door with the key after i leave the house so that no stranger can walk in. Awesome! Just a few stairs left and i'll be on my way towards school. The weather is just lovely, although it's cloudy, i can feel the sun shining up there just for me, embracing my heart. Okay now, my first milestone: crossing the street. I have to be careful and... Now's the time! Run Alexander! Run!
Finally i'm here! The school is such a huge building! So many windows and such big entrance doors! I'll take a deep breath and go inside! I'm in front of the office where parents sign-up their kids for school. Hmmm, on these notes the main word seems to be tutor... Huston, we may have a problem! Anyway, i won't back down, not now! A short knock on the door and i step inside.
-Good day! I said joyful.
-Hi sweety! A readhead woman, old but good looking, with a lot of jewels saluted me.
-I would like to sign up as a pupil for my first year of school. I'm 7 years old and my name is Alexander, this is my birth certificate.
-Oh, honey, but where is your mommy, or your daddy?
-I have no idea, i don't think i have any parents at all... I couldn't help not looking down when i said this. No matter how strong i want to look, the fact that i have no parents still makes me sad.
-And where do you live sweety?
-Just across the street, at that flat over there! I pointed enthusiastic through the window.
The lady followed my finger and took a short look out of the window. Then she turned back at me, smiled, ran her hand through my hair and invited me to sit down on a chair. After that she went close to her colleague and they started talking in a really silent whisper, so silent that the sound of the fans from the computer were blocking my hearing. After like 2 minutes she finally remembered about me:
-Alexander... She paused and looked at the phone.
-Yes madam.
-Do you like chocolate? I think i have a lot of it in the drawer.
-Yes, i love chocolate! I also like chocolate cakes but i never ate either of them...
-What? Ha-ha-ha! So how do you know you like it?
-I just feel that way when looking at TV commercials about chocolate... Where does she want to get with these questions? Is she going to give me the damn chocolate or not?
-Ah, okay then! She smiled so warm... Here you go, eat all you can Alexander!
-Thank you! Oh the joy i felt! Nobody has ever been so kind to me, nobody showed me such a warm smile before, nobody else ever ran her hand through my hair so kindly! I almost feel like asking her if she wants to be my mum! Chocolate is sooo good! And she gave me so much of it! I have no idea why she's talking at the phone so much and frankly i don't even care! I like her very much and i feel that i can trust her! Ah, she finally hung up. Yay, she's smiling again! She'd be perfect as a mother, i want her to be my mother really really really bad!
-Alexander, you do know that if you eat too much chocolate you get sick, don't you? She asked but her words went right through me, i was simply mesmerized!
I just responded with a smile, finished chewing and then asked:
-Can you please sign me up for school? I want to study, i want to learn new things!
-Of course sweety! Just wait here 5 minutes. I'll be right back.
I didn't wanted her to go... I wanted her close to me all the time, she's amazing! But i guess i'll be happier when she comes back...
And she did come back but in 10 minutes. And she was not alone. Two other tall and ugly women came alone. The redhead lady, that i adore so much is pointing at me and the two ugly women are walking towards me smiling in a strange way. They picked me up and took me out of the office.
-What's going on? I just want to sign up for school! I screamed... Although i don't know why i did this, i am not scared at all.
-Calm down, we're taking you to a safe place where you will be taken care of... Said the ugly woman.
-But... My eyes froze on the lady from the office, the lady that gave me chocolate, the lady that i wanted to be my mum. I can see her smiling still and waving but her smile is not warm anymore... Her smile is evil and dark, her eyes and face emit satisfaction... She is happy that these ugly women are taking me away! Fuck youuuuuuuuu! I shouted my heart out as they were dragging me out of the school.

To be continued...

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu