11/15/2010

Failed attempts at living simple life [part 3]

It took me a while to leave behind my 'eureka' moment and continue life like a regular kid. I was almost 7 now and i still had no friends. I wasn't quite doing the things kids my age do, i had no father and moments when i was happy were rare. History was the one thing i loved more than my name, Alexander. I had the same name as a great ruler!
Sandra is starting to walk on a bad path from what i see. I was seeing her drunk a lot. She was going to work early in the morning and when she got back home she was all drunk and smelly. She was also bringing a lot of strangers in the house and they were always spending the nights over. It seems they made her happy because she was smiling a lot, but what do they see at her? She's really ugly...
I am 7 now! It's actually my birthday! It's like 8 in the morning and i just can't sleep anymore! I've never been so excited , i've never been so happy!Of course Sandra's at work so i have the entire home just for me, the perfect day! I can feel angels blessing me, i can hear birds singing beautiful songs just for me, i can see the mighty sun sending tons of beautiful, warm embraces just for my heart!
I spent all that day alone in the house, doing whatever i wanted, watching TV, reading, listening to music, drawing, everything... Then night came... Sandra came back from work with a man. They were both drunk and apparently extremely happy. I've closed my bedroom door because i hate the strangers that she brings at home. Anyway after an hour or so i heard a loud bang and Sandra started crying. My heart skipped a heartbeat and i rushed to her bedroom door...
-Sandra, are you okay? I asked.
-Is that your kid? A manly voice answered.
-No, Sandra said crying.
Then the door opened and the ugliest man i've ever seen walked out, gave me some money, smiled and left. Sandra was in bed, still crying with her palms covering her face. I asked her if she's okay one more time but she didn't answered me... I was just standing there really confused. In a way i am really concerned but what i'm feeling right now can be described as rage. Rage for the fact that Sandra brought whatever happened on herself. Suddenly she stood up and stared at me with her red eyes and a bad bruise on her left cheek. Obviously the stranger slapped her...
-Gimme the money he gave you! She screamed.
-But i want to buy a book with them, it's my birthday today and this is the only 'present' i got so far... That's when i realized the irony: Sandra never bought me a present but a stranger gave me money on the day i turned 7.
She slapped me really hard before i could even blink. I've put my right hand over the burning cheek and i felt something evil growing inside me. Sandra searched through my pockets and took the money, walked 3 paces away then turned back.
-You stupid kid, i don't care if it's your birthday and i will never get you a present. Listen well! She grabbed my shoulders and squeezed them hard. I am not your mother, i just took you for the money i get for raising you! And then she walked out the door.
Surprisingly i wasn't sad because she said that... I had a feeling me and Sandra are not related.

To be continued...

3 comentarii: